Looking for a contemporary city home that's close to Hyde Park, yet quiet and peaceful, with light-filled interiors and wonderful city views? Completed in 2016, this architect-designed home offers generous living spaces and lock-and-leave convenience over three levels.
The ground-floor living area is great for entertaining and can be opened up to the garden to create one large space. The beautiful and functional kitchen has open oak shelving, a walk-in pantry and a separate drop-zone for keys and phones. Full-length sheer curtains provide summer shade, and a sense of enclosure at night. A powder room/laundry and under-stairs storage area adds to the utility.
On the first floor is a main bedroom with an ensuite, plus two more double bedrooms, and a family bathroom. And on the third floor is a versatile, timber-lined loft room with spectacular views of the city skyline and Highgate from oversized windows at either end. This flexible space works well as extra living space, a playroom for kids, a guest bedroom, or even a home office or studio.
The home is very energy-efficient, with northern orientation, commercial windows with high-performance low-E glazing, and a concrete ceiling that absorbs and radiates winter warmth and night-time coolness in summer. Solar panels and a wood-burning fireplace with a flue running through each level keep power bills low and ensure year-round comfort, and louvre windows with Crimsafe screens can be left open all night to cool the house in summer.
The location is very quiet yet convenient, with beautiful long views from every window. Walk down the leafy back laneway to Hyde Park or Chu Bakery in five minutes, across the road to the local primary school, or walk or cycle up Beaufort Street or into Northbridge and the city.
With timelessly elegant interiors in timber, grey and fresh white, and a solid build of Flemish-bond red brick inspired by the character homes of Highgate, this is an exceptional home that offers a wonderful city lifestyle and comfortable, lock-and-leave living, with all the work done for you.
- Three-bedroom, two-bathroom architect-designed city home
- Open-plan living area with linked native gardens
- Kitchen features oak cabinetry, walk-in pantry, stone benchtop
- Environmental features including solar panels, northern orientation
- Wood-burning fireplace and split-system reverse-cycle air-conditioning
- Italian-tiled bathrooms with custom-built oak vanities
- Flexible loft space for home office or extra living area
- Engineered oak floorboards on ground floor
- Commercial-grade sliding doors/windows and louvres
- Off-street parking for one car, with permits available
- Five-minute walk to Hyde Park
- Walk, cycle or bus into city and Northbridge