Adopting the true essence of Fremantle, this exceptionally maintained, historical home embodies the original Port-City feel of rich natural timbers, solid limestone walls high ceilings and rustic charm.
Located in the eclectic heart of Fremantle and sitting nearby its equally iconic neighbours of Norfolk, Arundel and Essex Streets, this Suffolk Street, home was built Circa 1850-1870, and with its Victorian/Georgian style, is symbolic of the era.
Framed by an inviting timber-decked front porch and a generous Fremantle, recycled-brick driveway, this five-bedroom, three-bathroom home features original, wide, polished jarrah floor boards throughout, and includes the further addition of a spacious free-standing, rear double-carport equipped with a modern, light-filled second floor studio (with balcony, kitchenette, laundry and bathroom facilities) which could double as a comfortable, pine-clad guest house or office.
With its old-world grandeur, every room is spaciously appointed with high ceilings, sash windows and many rooms adopt original working fireplaces and period pendant lighting. There is also a below-ground cellar/storage area with floor access via the front bedroom and kitchen, plus ample space for family living and entertaining.
A vastly spacious, modern and recently renovated en-suite bathroom, with ceiling to floor travertine-style tiles, a ceramic tub, and timber-clad vanity extends to a convenient dressing room.
The home accommodates both privacy and entertaining zones, with a well-place and elegant separate sitting room at the front of the home, whilst an invitingly open, cottage-style kitchen (with wooden stove and five-burner Sauter oven) at the rear of the property leads to a timber-clad dining and living area with generous outdoor-deck access via bi-fold doors.
Also within this zone is a common bathroom, toilet and laundry access which leads to an undercover drying area spanning the full length of the home.
A sustainable, low-carbon lifestyle is guaranteed here, with every possible need within reach and within walking distance.
Public transport, the Fremantle Markets, pubs, bars, breweries, restaurants, cafes, bottle shops, a post office, chemist and boutiques- not to mention the popular Wray Avenue, Fremantle's alluring West End and the stunning Fremantle Harbour - are just metres away. South Fremantle is only minutes away and enjoys fabulous walks, parks and wonderful swimming beaches.
Suffolk Street is within the Fremantle Primary School catchment and within walking distance to Notre Dame University. Other nearby schools include North and East Fremantle Primary Schools, St Patrick's Primary School, CBC, John Curtin College and Lance Holt School.
The home was honoured with the Conservation of Heritage Awards (for conservation of a heritage place) in 2009, which is highlighted by a plaque at the home's front entrance.
This is quite possibly the ultimate Fremantle lifestyle-residence suited to a growing family, those looking to lease short term or those seeking an eclectic, cultural and touch of bohemian vibe in the heart of Freo!
- Stunningly restored, grand residence in central-Fremantle
- Located on iconic Suffolk Street, joining its equally revered neighbours of Arundel, Essex and Norfolk Streets
- Neutral internal colour palette, high ceilings and impressive, sweeping hallway
- Enviable north facing aspect with free street parking
- Original, wide, polished jarrah floor boards throughout
- Split-system air conditioning and working fire-places throughout
- Two below ground cellars and powered storage areas
- Abundant off-street parking via wide, private drive-way
- Secure, remote controlled lock-up rear garage (two vehicles) built with additional second-floor studio and kitchenette/bathroom/laundry
- Walking distance to Fremantle Markets, pubs, bars, breweries, restaurants, cafes, bottle shops, a post office, chemist and boutiques
- Trendy Wray Avenue, Fremantle's alluring West End and the stunning Fremantle Harbour within reach
- Located within the Fremantle Primary School catchment and within walking distance to Notre Dame University. Other nearby schools include North and East Fremantle Primary Schools, St Patrick's Primary School, CBC and Lance Holt School
- South Fremantle's fabulous walks, parks and wonderful swimming beaches
AUCTION on site, Saturday 16th of June at 12.30pm
DEPOSIT of $75,000 payable on the fall of the hammer
SETTLEMENT terms of 30 or 60 days from the Auction