This charming weatherboard cottage, just steps from East Fremantle Primary School and John Curtin College of the Arts, could be deemed a national treasure, having endured many historical milestones over its 120-year lifetime.
Built on a slight elevation and immaculately maintained and presented, this home has a striking street presence - soft duck egg blue weatherboards framed by a traditional white picket-fence, cottage garden and a classic bull-nose veranda.
High ceilings, large bedrooms with original ceiling roses, a soft, neutral colour palette and the ubiquitous wide, jarrah floor-boards typical of the era, are a consistent statement throughout this warm and inviting family home.
The central living room features an original fireplace before leading to a light-filled kitchen with French doors to an expansive outdoor deck with elevated views long with city glimpses, all above a quaint and thoughtfully designed garden. Another historic feature is the original wood oven which in itself, is a work of art. A deep, porcelain sink, white subway tiles, four burner Bosch oven, abundant white cupboard space, forgiving cork flooring and timber benchtops complete the warm appeal of this popular living zone.
Within the spacious bathroom (with tub) is an allowance for a front-loader washer and dryer, along with a separate toilet.
Although the home has three split-level air-conditioners installed, the daily visit from the Fremantle Doctor allows the home to cool naturally in the warmer months.
The home also enjoys rear vehicle access via a laneway which also leads to a modest garden shed for additional storage. All windows are fitted with security locks, with security mesh on the doors.
Location-wise, this home is perfectly placed. Just steps from trendy George Street, a short walk to central Fremantle and the river and an abundance of retail shops, restaurants, bars and supermarkets are within close proximity - not the mention it is a stone's throw from East Fremantle Primary School, Horrie Long Park, in the catchment for John Curtin College of the Arts and within easy reach of a host of other private schools.
This is a home which has enjoyed years of community friendships, family gatherings and relaxed entertaining, which is evident from the minute you enter its doors and fall under its captivating spell! Be the next one to enjoy the magic of this charming home in a wonderful location.
- Immaculately restored weather-board cottage in enviable, elevated location
- Original wide jarrah floor boards, high ceilings and ceiling roses
- Family-friendly, safe and sociable street culture
- Soft, neutral internal colour palette
- Just 50 metres from East Fremantle Primary School
- Excellent breezeways from the daily Fremantle Doctor
- Secure lock windows and doors
- Reverse cycle air-conditioning
- Rear vehicle access with modest garden shed
- Located in the sought-after John Curtin catchment
- Feature deck with elevated views to garden and beyond, with some city glimpses
- Close to a range of retail shops, bars, restaurants and supermarkets