Often referred to as the best street in East Fremantle, coveted Dalgety Street is elegantly lined with some of Perth's most prestigious heritage-style residences, and this home is no exception.
Framed by an inviting, low-level white brick border, tall ornamental roses and a geometric pop of emerald green lawn, this perfectly restored late federation era home is a play on stylish warm greys, whites and elegant touches of nostalgia in its leadlight window and door treatments.
A wide, polished jarrah veranda wraps around its facade which leads to an almost ethereal entrance of pure white and cascading light from every angle.
Wide, high-gloss painted white jarrah boards are a consistent theme throughout the home which adopts the feel of a Colonial Bahaman bungalow. High ceilings and original ceiling roses, two extra-large bedrooms, each with external access via French doors, plus a nursery or guest room are furnished with natural linen window drapes. Two bathrooms, one an ensuite, adopt personalities each of their own; one in deep indigo blue and white, and the other in moody greys and black, with the addition of a fabulously chic, free-standing clawfoot black bath tub.
A central living/sitting room is fitted with a gas bayonet outlet and original fire place, whilst an open-plan kitchen with ample cupboard space, a five-burner free-standing stove, wide breakfast bar and double sink melds into a light-filled, sisal carpeted sun room with big timber-framed windows. A discreet galley laundry and access to the rear alfresco entertaining area and garden complete the effortless flow of this home.
Abundant off-street parking via a recycled Fremantle brick driveway in addition to an undercover carport for two vehicles, leads to a discreetly positioned detached office or storage room. Low-maintenance, stylish landscaping is fully reticulated, and the home is fitted with split level air-conditioning and a surprise (and private) outdoor shower.
Whilst respecting its historical integrity, the home has been revived by a calm and serene modern chic interior which will bring endless joy to a small family, couple or independent single or downsizers, as well providing a safe, friendly and beautiful tree-lined community.
Located within the Richmond Primary School and John Curtin College of the Arts catchments, this street front 557sqm property is within easy reach to a range of supermarkets, restaurants, cafes and amenities, along with the trendy George Street and Fremantle precincts, the Swan River and transport.
- Immaculately appointed heritage home on a generous and well-maintained block
- Sought-after Dalgety Street address
- Elegant, white-washed interior with an abundance of natural light
- Unique wide, painted floorboards throughout the home
- Ample off-street parking via an attractive recycled Fremantle brick driveway
- Additional under-cover parking for two vehicles
- Detached office, extra bedroom or storage space addition
- Ducted air-conditioning installed, and fully reticulated, low-maintenance garden
- Bedrooms with original ceiling roses and stunning French doors with external access
- Privately located outdoor shower
- Close to the thriving heart of East Fremantle, the George Street precinct, many bars, restaurants, cafes and a wide selection of supermarkets.
- Richmond Primary School and John Curtin college of the Arts catchments as well as easy access to private schools