PRIME CARNARVON HORTICULTURAL INVESTMENT OPPORTUNITY: VALUE-ADD VERSATILITY
Situated on 20.23 hectares/50 acres approx. of rich alluvial soil within Carnarvon's levee bank system, this highly productive and versatile horticultural block offers an opportunity to live, work and play in a glorious north-west location at the gateway to the Coral Coast and Ningaloo Reef. Ideally located on Carnarvon's fertile river delta flats, 340 South River Road, South Plantations presents a lucrative investment for those seeking high-value horticultural pursuits on land with a year round water supply. As the beneficiary of a current water allocation of approximately 105,000 kl of water allocation (65,000 kl of Basin A river allocation plus 40,000 kl of GWAC scheme allocation), the property is offered as a “going concern”.
With huge scope to value-add, the rich alluvial soil of this 20.23 hectares/50 acre approx. block offers a blank canvas for new owners to grow their future. Sell into local markets, intrastate and interstate; capitalise on Carnarvon's strong tourism reputation with on-farm tours and accommodation; seek opportunities to develop on-site tourist attraction, cafe or farm produce store. Year round growing conditions allow for the strategic timing of crops whilst significant local investment promises exciting national and international opportunities.
Complete with substantial improvements (including two houses plus multiple shedding) and a long list of plant and equipment, the property is further advantaged by frontages to both South River Road and the Great Northern Highway. Close to the Gascoyne River, this irrigation area is one of Western Australia's most productive horticultural regions, yielding fruit and vegetable crops for 12 months a year. Renowned for its diverse produce, the north-western corner supplies Perth and interstate markets with bananas, tropical fruits including mangoes and pawpaws, citrus, stone fruit, grapes, avocados, strawberries, melons and vegetable crops including tomatoes, zucchini and cucumbers.
Lying at the Gateway to the Coral Coast, Carnarvon enjoys an idyllic position with the Indian Ocean to the west and Gascoyne River flowing in from the east. Supplying fresh local produce from both land and water, the area is famed for the incredible output of high quality food. As the Gascoyne region's largest town, Carnarvon offers plentiful sunshine, a long stretch of coastline, sandy beaches, ocean blowholes, superb fishing, easy links to outback adventures, indigenous experiences and stunning wildflower displays. The Gascoyne River banks provide a fantastic lifestyle with great community and local events including Taste of The Gascoyne and Gascoyne Dash Dirt Bike desert race.
- Prime horticultural investment: 20.23 hectares/50 acres approx. rich alluvial soil
- Carnarvon, north-west Western Australia, prized Coral Coast gateway
- Gascoyne River irrigation area: water security, productivity plus
- Blank canvas: capitalise on local, national and international markets
- Year round growing conditions - strategically time your outputs
- 105,000 kl water allocation (65,000 kl Basin A + 40,000 kl GWAC)
- Offered as going concern: comprehensive list of Plant + Equipment
- Substantial improvements including two homes and multiple shedding
- Advantaged by dual road frontages, Great Northern Highway exposure
- Diverse food bowl, high value produce: fruit, vegetables
- Capitalise on Carnarvon's strong tourism reputation: accommodation / tours
- Idyllically located near Indian Ocean: sandy beaches, fishing, adventure
AUCTION: Thursday 28th of June at 12:30pm at Fremantle Auction In Rooms - 19-21 Queen Victoria Street, Fremantle
DEPOSIT: $50,000 payable on the fall of the hammer
SETTLEMENT: 30, 60, 90 or 120 days (with the buyer choosing their preferred option between these dates)
GST: Going Concern