This immaculately-restored heritage home has seen many families thrive within its walls since it was built over a century ago.
Original jarrah floors, a stain-glassed feature door, high ceilings, eclectic pendant lights and wide-arched hallways are reminders of this home's grand architectural history.
Located along Fremantle's decorated Ord and Bateman Street Precinct, this four-bedroom, two-bathroom home sits directly opposite Monument Hill with spectacular elevated views across to Fremantle city, the harbour and beyond to Rottnest, from its timber-decked veranda.
Two elegantly-appointed sitting rooms with gas fire places, a formal dining, office and three ground-level bedrooms with bathroom, complete the original home.
A recent east-wing extension is bathed in northern light and travertine tiles, with views to an internal courtyard paved in recycled Fremantle bricks. A new kitchen, fitted with an ILVE cooker and simmer plate, marble island bench with Perrin & Rowe English tapware, deep double sinks, hand-made imported white Spanish tiles and walk-in pantry leads to a laundry, powder room, and the master bedroom with ensuite bathroom and a free-standing porcelain bath.
The harbour-city's eponymous Fremantle Doctor perfectly cools this home, with barely a need to use its evaporative air-conditioning unit in summer.
Set below the home's natural limestone foundation is an enchanting provincial-style courtyard/garden, shaded by giant fig and fiddle-wood trees among other Mediterranean shrubs and greenery.
This is the quintessential family home which offers privacy, incomparable views and access to the best of Fremantle.
Nearby schools include John Curtin, East Fremantle Primary School, Fremantle Primary and CBC.
Access to a range of cafes, restaurants and shopping facilities are within walking distance.
- Located in the sought-after Ord and Bateman Street Precinct
- Security installed throughout
- Secure 2-bay lock-up parking
- Two outdoor entertaining areas
- Spectacular elevated views
- Immaculately maintained with original jarrah flooring and French doors in some rooms
- Edwardian-style, marble-topped vanities in both bathrooms
- Newly renovated kitchen with remote-controlled Velux sky-light
- Wine Cellar
- Close to education facilities, shopping, dining and the thriving Fremantle harbour community
- Opposite Fremantle's historic Monument Hill.