Step into this grand Art Deco home and enjoy a sense of rich history thanks to the elegant, flowing layout and beautiful original features. Extended for open plan living with a great backyard pool and alfresco area, this is the perfect family home right now, with plenty of scope for the future to really make it your own.
The original rooms have a wealth of stunning 1930s features, including picture rails, jarrah floors, intricate ceiling roses and leadlight French doors and windows. As well as a welcoming entry hall with its own coat cupboard, there are two bedrooms here, including a main suite with ensuite, and a beautiful linked formal living room and dining room.
The kitchen is the central hub of the home and ideal for family life and entertaining, with a big ILVE chef's oven, plenty of storage including a walk-in pantry, and an easy connection to the spacious open-plan family and dining area. There's also a study off the family room for homework or a home office within easy reach of the rest of the house.
A kids' wing at the rear of the home has two more bedrooms, both with generous built-in robes, a big family-sized bathroom, a laundry, and a huge walk-in storage cupboard.
Living areas spill out to a shady alfresco area with a gable room, making this the perfect home to host friends and family with ease.
The backyard captures lots of northern light and is a lovely place to spend your weekends or finish your day with an alfresco meal or evening swim in the inviting below-ground pool. Add a shady tree and some more plants and it's only going to get better.
The location is fantastic and has really come to life in the recent years, close to Lake Monger, bus stops into the city, in the catchment for Churchlands High School and Wembley Primary School, and within walking distance to Grantham Street's many new shops and restaurants, including neighbourhood favourites Monsterella Pizza and The Pearfect Pantry, plus walking distance to a 24-hour supermarket to make life even easier.
Known for its great community spirit, Wembley is popular with families and a great location investment, combining the convenience of a central suburb with a peaceful, neighbourly streets.
Perfect to live in now with the opportunity to update the interiors, but no structural work required, this home is a promising opportunity for 2018 - don't delay!
- Classic Art Deco four-bedroom, two-bathroom home
- Extended with open-plan living, study and kids' wing
- Big backyard with pool and covered alfresco area
- Single garage plus carport and car bay
- Walled, secure front garden with lovely front verandah
- Period features including leadlights, ceiling roses, jarrah floorboards
- Neighbourly street close to Grantham Street shops, restaurants
- Peaceful location between beach, CBD and Subiaco
- 9-minute drive to Floreat Beach
- 10-minute walk to Wembley Primary School
- 14-minute walk to 24-hour IGA supermarket
- 15-minute bus ride to Churchlands Senior High School