If you're looking for a character house to renovate or the perfect block to build your dream home on within the leafy, sought-after streets of West Leederville, this may be it.
The solid original home of red brick and tile has a wide front verandah and all the period features you could hope for, including jarrah floorboards, high ceilings and ceiling roses.
There are three good-sized bedrooms, one with a walk-in robe and ensuite, and a lounge room with a pot-bellied stove, all linked by a wide central hallway.
The newer open-plan living area and kitchen are functional, spacious and benefit from northern light. You could live here happily while you decide what to do with the space, which also includes a laundry and second bathroom.
One option is to retain the original house and rebuild with a contemporary extension that makes the most of the substantial block size and captures northern light. An alfresco area would increase your living space and link the house with the garden, which includes an existing swimming pool - this may be a feature you choose to remove or update, but is useable as is.
The second option is to start again with a clean slate and build your dream home in a fabulous, family-friendly suburb.
The location is superb - walking distance to Cambridge Street and the train station for a car-free city commute, and with all the benefits of a West Leederville address, including a lovely primary school, local cafes, beautiful Lake Monger and a neighbourly ambience, all located conveniently between the city and the beach.
Renovation projects and development sites are increasingly rare in established central suburbs, so act quickly to secure this property with so much potential.
- Rare development block or renovation project in established suburb
- Red-brick three-bedroom character home on quiet street
- Welcoming street presence with a wide front verandah
- Original period features, high ceilings, jarrah floorboards
- Generous 648 sqm block with northern light and space to extend
- Main bedroom with ensuite and walk-in robe
- Large back garden with swimming pool
- 9-minute walk to West Leederville Primary School
- 10-minute walk to Lake Monger
- 14-minute walk to West Leederville train station
- Easy access to shops and restaurants in Leederville and Subiaco
- Convenient, sought-after location between city and beach