Up on the hill, this mid-twentieth century home has been opened up to the light, surrounded by three secluded outdoor areas creating easy flow from inside to out. Sheltered and private, behind a lovely high hedge of native hibiscus and freshly rendered in white, the home has a welcoming, informal, peaceful atmosphere. Expansive open-plan living over two levels is at the heart of the home, with glass sliding doors to the north welcoming the light and opening to a relaxing alfresco area under the wisteria. Another outdoor area off the kitchen is perfect for dining by the barbecue and one of the three bedrooms opens to its own northern courtyard. This is an excellent, elevated location where you can glimpse a slice of the ocean on the horizon - a reminder that beautiful South Beach is only five minutes down the road.
From the delightful front garden, the home opens to the living area, stepping up to the jarrah-floored dining and kitchen, which has stainless steel benchtops and big stainless steel range. Two of the three bedrooms face the front garden and welcome the light filtering through the hibiscus and wisteria, and a third bedroom has glass sliding doors to its own covered northern courtyard under the climbing passionfruit. The bathroom is freshly renovated, with handmade blue glass tiles, frameless glass shower, glossy white vanity, heated towel rail and separate toilet.
Romano's gourmet deli is very close by, along with the supermarket, pharmacy and a range of other services, and just two blocks away is all the green space of parkland and sporting fields. Come and experience the serene atmosphere of this creative home on the edge of historic Fremantle.
- Creative, private, light-filled home in elevated spot
- Mid-20th century, rendered white and opened up
- Three sheltered outdoor areas
- Fig, pomegranate, lemon, lime, mandarin, frog pond
- Gardens reticulated from bore
- Original jarrah floors plus smart contemporary tiling
- Stainless steel kitchen, open-plan living
- Lovely northern light to living area
- Freshly-painted interior
- New blue-and-white bathroom
- Air-conditioning and ceiling fans
- Close to shopping and park
- Five minutes to South Beach