Careers at Caporn Young
“Empowering passionate people to achieve remarkable results”
Here are a few perks that come with joining the CY team:
- Biannual target trips for achieving set targets, which is applicable to sales, property mane administration team members. This all-expenses paid trip to a surprise destination recognises team performance and also promotes team building away from the offices. Recent adventures have included the AFL Grand Final in Melbourne; Island hopping in Bali; Camel riding in Broome; touring the Barossa Valley in South Australia; visiting Marina Bay Sands in Singapore; and attending the Grand Prix in Melbourne.
- We have a dedicated social committee to organise team-building events, which includes our annual CY birthday anniversary to celebrate the number of years we have been in business. These events generally comprise either a day out at a winery, a trip down to Margaret River for two nights, or a night at a bush camp.
- Service recognition every quarter, where we celebrate the anniversaries of each team member and well as gifting a reward for milestones such as 5 and 10 years of service.
- A weekly “Behind-the-Scenes” internal newsletter with fun photos of what has been happening around each office, together with some mental and physical health tips, shout-outs for high-performing team members, birthdays and healthy recipes to try.
- Quarterly and annual awards to recognise top performers; stage monthly team catch-ups to celebrate our achievements and share testimonials; encourage celebrations around birthdays and stage a themed annual Christmas party at a secret location; and maintain a focus on employee well-being with fruit bowls, free flu shots, health seminars, and pauses on meetings and training sessions during all school holiday periods to promote rest periods and reconnecting with families.
- Weekly sales training including role-playing, which allows our sales executives to workshop challenging situations or brainstorm new ways to tackle existing issues
- Weekly auction training, again harnessing the power of role-playing to help our team members upskill by learning in action.
- Weekly property management meetings, where our leasing team and property managers are given the opportunity to share any difficulties, workshop solutions and address any bottlenecks in workflow
- Weekly “sharpen the sword” dialogue session, which is designed to help our agents deal with objections with more confidence, especially in a challenging market where they get questioned on fees and challenged around the asking price
- Monthly team meetings with our client services managers and administrative staff, to facilitate training, information sharing and team bonding
"Joining CY at the start of the year, I was instantly amazed by the teamwork and culture that exists within the company, as well as the professionalism and passion shown by everyone. While I was welcomed over the first few weeks, the thought that I had to myself countless times and for many different reasons was 'woah, that’s impressive’.
Working closely with Richard has been awesome and a massive privilege. Added to this, the training, guidance and support that CY provides far exceeds all the expectations that I had. After nearly two years in real estate, I have learnt more over the past few months than everything I had learnt previously.
Cheers for the opportunity to become a part of the CY team!"